Rev_Sacrifice_of_Isaac-Caravaggio_Uffizi1

Florida Woman Accused of Murdering 2-Year-Old While Re-Enacting Bible Story

Florida Woman Accused of Murdering 2-Year-Old While Re-Enacting Bible Story

(Reported By Political BlindSpot)
Rev_Sacrifice_of_Isaac-Caravaggio_Uffizi1

In breaking news out of Florida, a woman has been accused of drowning one of her partner’s children after first trying to poison another. She described the acts as being accordance with a local pastor’s sermon.?

Last Wednesday, local WPEC-TV reported that Kimberly Dawn Lucas is currently being held in Palm Beach County Jail on charges related to the death of her former partner’s 2-year-old daughter as well as the attempted killing of the child’s 10-year-old brother last Monday.

Lucas had attended a sermon by Metropolitan Community Church, led by pastor Lea Brown last Sunday. The sermon covered the Biblical story of Abraham preparing himself to sacrifice his son only to be stopped by God at the last minute, according to investigators who questioned Lucas.

Watch the local report below…

Police reportedly found Lucas’ message (PDF) typed on a computer, in what amounted to a suicide note.

“In YOUR WORDS “WHEN YOU ARE LAYING IN BED AT NIGHT REMEMBER YOU F*CKING DID THIS TO YOURSELF!” the note said. “Lea’s sermon really, really touched me yesterday but God never told me to stop. Hell is what we [go] through on Earth. Enjoyed your life with possiblego [sic] out without us, he manage but give you finally what you what want because apparently over the past 20 years I was not able to. Love you Always Kimberly.”

Pastor Brown commented on the crime, saying about her sermon. “It’s what I was called on to preach. There’s no way anyone could have predicted this.”

New Times Broward Palm Beach reported that Lucas convinced one of the children to take pills to “make him grow faster.” After feelings of dizziness, he went to sleep, but managed to survive the poisoning. He then found Lucas passed out on the bed next to him. Traces of the drug benzodiazepine, an anti-anxiety medication, were found in the boy’s urine at the hospital he was taken to.

The other victim, a young girl refused to take the pills from Lucas. When her brother woke up and looked for her, he found their bathroom door locked. After forcing it open with a knife, he found his sister “submerged in the bathtub.”

Paramedics were called, but the girl was pronounced dead at the scene.